 Off-Topic / Debate / 13758
Re: ScottFroth(tm) answered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:45:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed "Boxer" Jones writes:
The largest fault of Larry's is probably his occasionally quick-to-judge
attitude towards points he feels he's already addressed. Sometimes Scott
(for example) will have a perfectly valid point and Larry will gloss over it
calling it a non-issue without giving it a 2nd thought. It doesn't happen
often, but it happens.

I'd disagree on this one.  I'd say his largest fault is his tendency to
attack a person's stature rather than defend his position or respond to
theirs.  The title of this sub-thread is a case in point.  He has done the
same to others and me.

Ah-- a good summary point I'd missed. Perhaps a "Plays Well" category in
which Larry gets a rather low score. Each, actually, but perhaps moreso
Larry as he's often been the one to bring issues like this into the
limelight as actual topics of debate. I think I've seen more calls from
Larry to actually "do something" about Scott than I have from Scott asking
to "do something" (aka "prove something") about Larry. But I've definitely
noticed such behavior from both of them as well as some others. The degree
of name calling certainly is excessive oftimes.

Raising the stakes to $.04

$.04 and climbing,
DaveE