 Off-Topic / Debate / 13751
Re: More on Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:04:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
For a moment, I couldn't tell whether I was reading something from the
National Review or the World Zionist Org's website. What a bunch of hogwash.
At least it was worth a good laugh.

Here's some more for you to laugh at (and others to think about).

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-plaut101001.shtml

My main problem with the Bush administration's handling of this crisis is the
lack of clear, tangible objectives that have been communicated.

I agree. This piece by Gingrich touches on this (and other points you make).
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-gingrich092801.shtml
and is quite thoughtful. I had no idea he could think this clearly.

Why I am reading the NR so much lately I cannot say, exactly, but I wonder.

I found Principle 8 especially good

"Principle Eight: The coalition must be the largest willing to support our plan.

It is a very important distinction. We cannot write a plan designed to have
a big coalition. We have to write a plan to win and then recruit to the
plan. Countries that are not willing to participate but also not harbor any
terrorists are fine. This is a passive support we will tolerate. But, we
should not tolerate opposition. For example, Uruguay may decide they're not
in this fight. That's fine, as long as they do not harbor terrorists. No
country can harbor terrorists and claim to be out of the fight."

This means no toadying to the likes of Syria because we think they can be
helpful in one particular facet.

++Lar