 Off-Topic / Debate / 13699
Re: Israel and Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 02:34:09 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Further I suppor the notion of trying (within limits, as Frank said) to find
and correct past injustices to the extent practical. That may well mean
unwinding a *lot* of land transactions in the US for example... I'd rather
do that and get closure, than continue to grant a blank check of guilt about
it to the chattering classes...

Do you think this would really be practical? Do we unwind all the way
back to the first settlers? How do we deal with the wealth which has
been generated from those lands?

I'm curious as to how and where we draw the line. Perhaps it is prudent
to explore how we might unwind the situation in the U.S. before we make
claims as to what should happen in the Middle East.

Frank