 Off-Topic / Debate / 1367
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 22:01:56 GMT

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:50:13 GMT, Mike Stanley uttered the following
profundities...
How does more money thrown at a school solve the problem of parents
who don't take part in their child's development and education?  My
parents read to me from day one.  I was reading long before I attended
public school.  How do schools make up for parents who don't make even
that minimum investment in their kids?

I wouldn't know the answers, either. And I agree, too many
parents take too little interest in their children. However,
where chronic underfunding exists in a school system, one of
the results is apathetic teachers. Poor pay, less interest to
teach the children. Of course this can be further exacerbated
by the parent-apathy that you mentioned.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888