 Off-Topic / Debate / 1365
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 18:55:35 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I strongly believe that Libertarianism is defensible both from first
principles (it is the best system for securing the individual rights of
all) and from a utilitarian basis (it is the system that will get us all
the most personal wealth and happiness and the least suffering) and try
to distinguish between which argument I am making whenever I can.

In all fairness Communism is defendable from first principles yet is
always said to be bad.  I agree with the ideal of communism but not
Marxism.  In an ideal communism state there is no tax, no unemployment.

I've missed out on most of this discussion because I've been working -
so I can pay tax...

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170