 Off-Topic / Debate / 13577
Re: PA censoring journalists again, but repudiating bin Laden...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:29:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

If
America really values freedom and human rights, why do we support
Israel--world leader in human rights violations, oppressor of people in the
name of their religion, every bit a dirty dog as the Taliban?

I think this may be a bit of a stretch, Dan, and saying it isn't going to
convince many people of the justness of your cause.

By the way, I think I may have missed your answer to my question about the
original UN resolution creating Israel. (I got Scott's answer but not yours
or anyone elses) Do you support that resolution or do you think that *no*
Israel, no matter *how* constituted, has a right to exist?

Indeed. I think the best course of action to ensure lasting peace is to not
to jump in bed with filthy dogs since all we get is more fleas.

I think we can all agree with that one.