 Off-Topic / Debate / 13562
Re: PA censoring journalists again, but repudiating bin Laden...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:19:28 GMT

<snipped>

It's all one big, ugly mess. However, it comes as no surprise to me that
some Palestinians, after years of American supported Israeli occupation and
brutality, would praise Bin Laden. It would be different if America WAS
actually innocent of supporting Israel, then those Palestinians praising Bin
Laden would be way out of line. But of course that's not the case; America
IS supporting the Israeli occupation hence it's only fair if Palestinians
resent America. So the big question is: Why are we supporting Israel? If
America really values freedom and human rights, why do we support
Israel--world leader in human rights violations, oppressor of people in the
name of their religion, every bit a dirty dog as the Taliban?

But much of the rest of the article discusses how the PA is repudiating bin
Laden support:

``It's true that there is an unfair situation and continuous crimes and
killings exerted against the Palestinians,'' he said. ``This does not
justify or give cover for anyone to kill or terrorize innocent civilians.''
- PA info minister Rabbo

Bravo for those words, I say.

Indeed. I think the best course of action to ensure lasting peace is to not
to jump in bed with filthy dogs since all we get is more fleas.

Dan