 Off-Topic / Debate / 13529
Re: Looks like the attacks on Kabul have started
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 21:01:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Live on CNN of course

Well, here's to hoping it remains an attack against the Taliban and that we'll
do the right thing when we're done.  At least the immediate plans include a
massive perfusion of aid to refugees, so that's a start.

Indeed.

I realise that I was insufficiently precise when I said I oppose bombing by
the US, what I should have said was "bombing by itself".

BTW the Taliban has responded. CNN is a bit slow right now so you may want
to try to find this AP story other ways.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/10/07/taliban.statement.ap/

A quote: "The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has always chosen the path of
talks and reason to solve problems."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Talking, and cutting off hands.
Reason, and flogging people for flirting.

Do they seriously think anyone believes them, or are they just going through
the motions? I'm not sure which is worse.