 Off-Topic / Debate / 13425
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 20:42:32 GMT

I'll reiterate, FB Jr.s pain is FB Srs fault more than anyone else's.

Acha! That's the crucial bit. "More FBS's fault than the government's". I.E.
not to say that the government isn't at fault-- that would be (I think it
is)misleading. But more to say that it is FBS's actions which, "should" have
changed-- or "should" have changed *more* than the government's actions
"should" have changed.

Reread the cite I gave... you're going down the same complex causality road
that they were.

And more so! By Chaos theory *I'm* actually at fault! But so much less so
than others that bringing me into the picture would be nearly useless.
However, to state that the US is not at fault at *all* is misleading and
incorrect, would say I.

I think your point is not that the US isn't at fault, but that it is not the
US's actions that should change-- I.E. you think we're just fine in our
actions past and present (or at least moreso than others), and that others
are more in need of change than our foreign policy. Which is a perfectly
fine point to make. I don't think I'm informed personally enough to make
such a judgement call, but that's beside my point. (Not beside yours however)

DaveE