 Off-Topic / Debate / 13311
  Re: Children and Violence

Hello Chris, in general, I agree with your posting, but this one example seems odd to me: (...) Bike helmets will not prevent kids from learning that certain practices are dangerous, just limit the effect such dangerous practices can have. I think (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Children and Violence

(...) Hi Horst, (...) We do it all the time. I _could_ quit my job, sell my car and stay home all the time to avoid the dangers of the road. But my off-the-cuff cost/benefit analysis suggests that the potential safety gain is not worth the cost. In (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Children and Violence

Hi, Chris I am merely posting my personal experience on the subject "bike-helmets", in what I think supports your point. I have had a bike accident in my own (large) garage, and I wasn't using a helmet. But that would have been no good, since I (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)