 Off-Topic / Debate / 13209
    Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans? —James Simpson
   (...) Any right that the ruling powers of Afganistan had to accuse us of being interventionist and meddling have been forfieted by commiting an act of war against this country. They may have a problem with our support of Israel, they may have a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans? —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) Important clarification: The link, however strongly we feel about it, is only equivalent to the Taliban "committing an act of war" by the US definition of that term. The link is still under dispute. You can't say that the Taliban committed an (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans? —Eric Kingsley
     (...) While I agree in general, I don't think thats what I was asking. My main worry is that the Arab/Islamic nations outside of Afganistan will see this as meddling in another Islamic nations business and trying to push our ways on them. I could (...) (23 years ago, 26-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans? —Horst Lehner
   Hello Larry, (...) To me, it seems they are also islamistic, so whatever government they could come up with will probably not be fair to our standards. The question of course is: Does it have to? Or is it enough they don't support international (...) (23 years ago, 26-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)