 Off-Topic / Debate / 13202
    Re: Police Room 619 —James Brown
   (...) Simply that today is the anniversary of Biko's funeral (his actual death was the 13th of September, his admitted death somewhere between the two). Biko's work, and his murder had a fairly profound effect on me, and I was reminded of that today (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Police Room 619 —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Do you have a quick link or two to proffer? Something relatively short or predigested, or maybe you could do a para or two runthrough? There is so MUCH to read these days, but I haven't heard exactly why he has significance (I recall that (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Police Room 619 —James Brown
   (...) A quick summary is that Stephen Biko was a black South African under aparteid who refused to not speak out against it; this got him expelled from university for his politcal views, and turned into a fugitive by the government. He was arrested (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)