 Off-Topic / Debate / 1278
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:01:35 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote:

But remember they have to pay for everything with user-end fees, oh dear
I'm in hospital dying, got $10k?  No I haven't, oh well I'll let you
choose your coffin - how about this nice blue one?

Healthcare is a good/service. As such, it costs money. There is no
entitlement to goods or services. Rights speak to behaviours, not to
free goods. So, yes, if you happen to have planned things poorly enough
that you show up on the hospital's doorstep with no insurance, no money,
and no charity lined up, think of it as evolution in action.

And the coffin won't be free either.