 Off-Topic / Debate / 1276
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:56:09 GMT

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:32:27 GMT, Scott Edward Sanburn
<ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote:

Not all American's own guns, much less being "gun nuts". It is written in our
Constitution, the right to bear arms, simply to arm the citizens just in case
they are tired of a overbearing, federal monstrosity that is devouring our
personal liberties and freedoms... Hmmm...sounds like the federal government
right now.

Dude, you need a sarcasm detector.

Actually, since I don't see the people rising up against the
government anytime soon, that argument is dead in the water..

Also, overthrowing the government by force is illegal anyway. You can
always get guns illegally no matter what laws there are about them
(part of NRA propaganda..).

Therefore, you don't need legal guns to overthrow the government by
violent means.

QE-friggin'-D.

Jasper