 Off-Topic / Debate / 12713
Re: The killing needs to stop.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:56:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Carl Watson writes:
IMO the argument of 'they started it' won't help to bring world peace.
Someone at some point has to stand up & say "I am bigger than that, I will
not take part in any more killing".

Surely the most powerfull nation in the world could go a long way towards
bringing this world closer to peace.

To add to this, I listened to an uplifting editorial yesterday evening on
NPR. I believe it was from a mother of a WTC victim. Basically, it was an
appeal to our government not to kill innocent people in retaliation for the
attack.

Dan