 Off-Topic / Debate / 12712
12711  |  12713
Subject:
spammers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:47:59 GMT

One of my email accounts is pretty clogged with spam. In part that is its
function... to be a place where spam goes so I don't get it elsewhere.

Among the usual detrius (enlargment of organs or fortunes, creams,
refinancing schemes, credit cleansing schemes, herbal smoke, etc, etc.) a
new message has been appearing. It's the same message from different sources.

It offers to sell me an american flag and promises that the profits will be
donated to the Red Cross. Sometimes it also offers a pin "for just the cost
of shipping".

Blech.

If you want to give money, donate directly.
If you want to fly a flag, dust off an old one.

That's my opinion anyway.