 Off-Topic / Debate / 12716
Re: spammers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:06:55 GMT

If you want to give money, donate directly.
If you want to fly a flag, dust off an old one.

Yesterday, the L.A. County police also put out a bulletin to watch out for
bogus soliciters cashing in by supposedly going around for donations to help
WTC victims. It wasn't clear whether there had been a report of this
actually happening but it's sickening to think anyone would do such a thing.
We've already heard the reports of price-jacking at some gas stations and
also the profiteers who tried to auction pieces of the WTC on Ebay, leading
Ebay to rightfully ban such tasteless transactions. If anyone discovers
similar criminal behavior, report it immediately to the proper authorities.

Dan