 Off-Topic / Debate / 12429
Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:38:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Shaun Sullivan writes:

We are
all aware of China's human rights violations, and we're all aware of the
UK's troubles in Ireland.  For that matter, the grenade-tossing incident
stems from centuries-old Catholic/Protestant friction and is, as I
understand it, largely independent of British occupation.

The above comment really caught me by surprise-I've never before heard of any
theory or perspective that could justifiably separate the Catholic/Protestant
friction in Northern Ireland from the British presence there.

  Yeah--call that some ham-fisted wording on my part.  I was trying to
isolate it to a theological dispute, but of course that very dispute stems
from the occupation.  So stipulated!

If that is indeed what you're saying, would you mind elaborating?  I'd be very
interested in hearing the main points in this theory, particularly the basis
of that claim.

  The basis of that claim is a failure to articulate what I was thinking.
  See, Greg?  It happens to all of us!  8^)

     Dave!