 Off-Topic / Debate / 12066
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:41:07 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Awww, but it does say that you "believe" they are going to cause you harm.
If someone breaks into my house, I'm going to "believe" that they could be
there to cause harm to my family or myself. I will not first ask them their
intentions, when it comes to my family shooting first will be my response.

*Reasonable* belief is what the text refers to.  I can't make a better case
for there needing to be a required course and test on firearm safety and law
than the various responses I'm getting.  :-)

Sorry, Bruce, but if someone breaks into my dwelling, I'm not going to Debate with
him as to his intent.  BREAKING IN shows the intent, as far as I'm concerned.
They'd better be ready to accept the consequences for their action.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/