 Off-Topic / Debate / 12028
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:20:57 GMT

"Bolt" in what sense?  "Support(ing) the process" entails living with the
outcome (though I can understand moving to a different country).

In the "leave" sense not the "bolt action rifle" sense.

If we get an actual majority to vote themselves bread and circuses in a fair
and honest way, they are welcome to their little experiment, I'll vote with
my feet.

But what we have now, were it to trend in a more of the same direction as it
has this century, since it's NOT fair and honest... THAT I can see taking up
arms against.

Fortunately I don't see the trend as trending in that direction. I think
we've either reached an equilibrium (which I can live with although it's far
from perfect) or even are starting to gradually inch back in the correct
direction (as an average, with wild excursions away from the mean). However
"W" can screw it up pretty easily, he's such a turnip. Or plays one on TV
anyway. :-)

Condoleeza must have been working hard behind the scenes the past few weeks
though, because apparently they got Russia to agree to drop opposition to
missile defense in exchange for both sides reducing stockpiles down to 1500
each (talk about your win/win deal!!! we traded a good thing for another
good thing!!!)

++Lar