 Off-Topic / Debate / 11980
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:24:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
OK, sorry if I was unclear, I'll try to spell it out more clearly.

T-H-A-N-K-S

Still not being clear enough, I guess. The point you're failing to grasp is
that the constitution would need to be amended before you could have a
referendum that stuck. You can't just have a referendum on any old subject
and have the outcome matter.

Are you proposing to amend the constitution to allow referendums, or what?
On anything? On just this one thing? What IS your proposal?

Please couch it in terms that show you understand how our system of
government currently is organized. Speaking of referendums and the will of
the people without properly setting the stage suggests to this reader that
you in fact did NOT pay attention in civics class.

Your ideas may have merit but they need some foundation in practicality or
they are impractical.