 Off-Topic / Debate / 11979
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:19:41 GMT

<snip>

WELL SAID, froggy friend.

I have one tiny point of confusion... I had always heard Jefferson, et. al.,
referred to as a "classical liberal" rather than a "radical conservative". I
suspect your use of the term is getting at the same idea(1), but am curious
as to whether it's something you saw used elsewhere, or what the provenance
of the term

1 - government subordinate to, and protector of, rights of humans rather
than as grantor and source of rights, for one thing.

++Lar