 Off-Topic / Debate / 11790
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:30:00 GMT

I shall quote a very bad film to illustrate my point:
“Ay, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying
in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days
from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and
tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our
freedom?”

  It wasn't a bad film--it would have been a bad history text, if it had
aspired to be a history text at all.  As a piece of fiction, it was quite
effective.  Now The Patriot--*that* was a bad film.

     Dave!