 Off-Topic / Debate / 11788
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:11:58 GMT

Dan, please stop profaning here.  In the thread about eduporn you keep
profaning but using an asterix in place of one letter.  I don't buy that that
is appropriate.  In this note you didn't even bother.  Please do.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

Really, what do we need handguns and automatic weapons for except to protect
ourselves from ***holes with the same weapons?

I prefer to have better than the intruder.  And I'd shoot and kill an intruder
even if all they had was a kinfe.

We have issues in this country and more guns is not the answer.

Sure it is.  Universal armament is the answer.  Distribute the entire national
arsenal to the people where it belongs and you'd see a reign of peace and
prosperity like no other.

Not that I would
ever condone this, but maybe when someone pops a few caps in Charlton Heston
with an AK-47 then he'll rethink the "necessity" of such weapons.

Nope.  If I'm ever shot or otherwise brutalized, I'll be pissed off that none
of the witnesses was armed sufficiently to stop the crime.  If we all carried
guns, crime would grind to a screaching halt.

Well the pro-gun dickwads

I guess you mean me.

need to understand that they are hiding behind the
Constitution

Wrong.  I'm protecting the constitution from you.  And I'll win or die.

Interesting. So what is your take on this:
http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/nation/guns/part4/constitution.html

Scott A

Chris