 Off-Topic / Debate / 11723
Re: *Child* Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:39:30 GMT

http://www.doctorsagainsthandguninjury.org/purpose.html

Take a look at the number of kids who have been killed buy guns. It is
shocking.

Do you mean this:

Based on 1998 data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over
37% of the 866 people who died from unintentional firearm wounds were under the
age of 21 ?

Shockingly low if you compare it to what popular media would have you believe.
320 American kids died in one year as a result of accidental firearms deaths.
That's certainly not a good thing, but it hardly seems like a tragedy of epic
proportions given our population.

Chris