 Off-Topic / Debate / 11615
(Re: What has happened to .space?) and others
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:18:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Every other person is STILL talking about Shiri?  Does every person in this
room have a psychotic obscession with Shiri?  "Move it along, there's
nothing to see here, people, let's go.  police chief from South Park"
Jesse Long
P.S.  I agree with Judy.

I think the obsession has to do with Shiri being female. To illustrate this,
I've put together an example.

Below are some posts from Lugnet.technic (in which most of the posts are
from males).

POST 1: Beat Felber's announcement of his new website:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=5337
Total replies to this: 7

POST 2: My announcement of my new website:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=5151
Total replies to this: 12

POST 3: Jennifer Clark's announcement of her new MOC:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1057
Total replies to this: 59

Now Jennifer's models are fantastic and I enjoy looking at them as much as
the next person. But it's obvious that she generates much more of a response
than anyone else. And in Lugnet.technic, "anyone else" is mostly male.

I remember posts long ago from people asking if Jennifer was married or if
she'd ever post pictures of herself on her website.

I don't mean to say anything bad here. I'm just making a simple observation.

T. J.