 Off-Topic / Debate / 11458
Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 22:48:15 GMT

Daniel Jassim wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

Seeing how horrid our agricultural practices are...

Do you have any cites for this?

Then I'll rephrase it: "Seeing how horrid much of America's meat related
agricultural practices are, in my opinion,..." Is that more reasonable?

I think some crop growing methods may be suspect also. Certainly there
are situations of overuse of pesticides, and monoculture growing is
probably not ideal either, but there's certainly less to potentially get
up in arms about.

You've said it a few times, it may be time to take a closer look.

Of course, one must always pay the piper after all...

I feel the need for a bit of reading on this topic so
if you have some site cites that you feel present the case in a reasoned
way, that would be great.

Following the subtext of your statement above, reasonably speaking, it's
obvious you take issue with my opinion or perhaps disagree with part or all
of my statement. If that's the case,  perhaps it would be more reasonable if
you provide cites to counter my statement. Likewise, presenting the case in
a reasoned way would also be great. Meanwhile, you may find some reasonable
reading material, as requested, at the following sites:

http://www.peta-online.org

http://www.CowsAreCool.com

Finding cites other than PETA is probably worthwile. I'm not too
inclined to pay much heed to their opinions.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com