 Off-Topic / Debate / 11449
Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:32:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Duane Hess writes:

The situation that comes to mind though, is the Dale Earnhardt autopsy
photos. Are they suitable for the general public? No. I'm glad that
they have been sealed from public view out of respect for the family. Yes,
it violates the first amendment, but I feel it's justified

That scares me. I think our current press is a bit slanted but I'd never
want to see it *restricted*!!!

ditto

Uh Duane...it appears as if you are saying that you're glad that the first
ammendment was violated by restricting the press, but you'd never want to see
the press restricted.

What gives?

Chris