 Off-Topic / Debate / 1142
Re: constitutional discussion (was:Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:16:30 GMT

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:50:20 GMT, Christopher L. Weeks uttered the following
profundities...
But horses are non-humanoid quadrapeds, and slaves were in
fact bipedal humanoid. The only difference between slaves and
non-slaves were skin kerotin levels.

I agree that the distinction was foolish, and it was clear that some
(Jefferson possibly) slave owners purposfully deluded themselves because
they had it so good with slaves.  nontheless, I think that is the
explanation of why slaves didn't count in the eyes of the constitution.

They did get a lot of other things correct, though. A shame
it took another 109 years for the world to become re-
enlightened. (Cuba in 1898 I believe was the last country to
have slavery, discounting Alabama(?) in September 1998! (When
the statute was finally removed.))
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/