 Off-Topic / Debate / 1135
Re: Making money on the Net (Was: New Web Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:49:06 GMT

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:43:28 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:

Terry K wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:12:52 GMT, richard.dee@virgin.net (Richard Dee) wrote:
Oh, you want to scan them and compare online?  AFAIK, in the US, it is not
illegal to make copies of currency as long as the copy is a certain minimum
percentage larger or smaller.  Not sure of the percentage.  25% +- does spring
to mind, though.

It's my understanding, also, that some percentage of the scan or copy needs
to be obscured or obliterated.

But that probably wouldn't get in the way of getting two scans, with
different parts missing, and pasting them together digitally...

I must be sick, I just took the time to search this out:
http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/money_illustrations.htm

Pretty interesting.  The most interesting point is the how to define "after
their final use" in section #3.
And, come to think of it, how does one specify a size on a computer monitor?
For instance, the image on the page:
http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/money_damaged.htm  seems to be almost exactly
life-sized on my monitor.

-- Terry K --