 Off-Topic / Debate / 1132
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 07:48:03 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   ObNumismatics:  There are half a billion series 1995 $2 bills sitting at the
Treasury.  They'll apparently be revamping the $2 when they revamp the $1, and
reissuing it.

And $2s rock too.  They must have at least half a billion (not really)
at Monticello where they give them out as change. (I kept mine as a souvenir.)

At certain caving events I go to, the organizers, and most of the
vendors stock up on $2 bills. The idea is that when you go out to a
restaurant for dinner, or otherwise spend money in town, the townies see
all these $2 bills and realize how much money these weird cavers are
injecting into their economy (the big Labor day event I go to becomes
the largest community in the county in West Virginia it is held in).

   Hey, I know you can get $1 bills from the Treasury in pads--can you get $2 that way
too?  An old roomie of mine had no end of trouble from people refusing to believe that $1
on a pad could possibly be real.  I get funny enough looks passing $2 bills as it
is--what if you rip them off a pad and hand crisp ones across the counter?  :)  I wonder
if you'd be challenged more often or less...

   I like the "tourist dollars" visitation idea a lot...I may have to do that the next
time I hit central PA.

   LFB.