 Off-Topic / Debate / 1039
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 22:17:33 GMT

Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

coin.  The Susan B.s are being taken out of circulation, but they did all *enter*
circulation at some point, something that's important to note.  What happened is

Am I the only one who likes the SueB?  I never got them confused with
quarters (but I was in the third grade) and still feel nostalgic when I
get them in change at the post office vending machines.

   ObNumismatics:  There are half a billion series 1995 $2 bills sitting at the
Treasury.  They'll apparently be revamping the $2 when they revamp the $1, and
reissuing it.

And $2s rock too.  They must have at least half a billion (not really)
at Monticello where they give them out as change. (I kept mine as a souvenir.)

At certain caving events I go to, the organizers, and most of the
vendors stock up on $2 bills. The idea is that when you go out to a
restaurant for dinner, or otherwise spend money in town, the townies see
all these $2 bills and realize how much money these weird cavers are
injecting into their economy (the big Labor day event I go to becomes
the largest community in the county in West Virginia it is held in).

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com