 Off-Topic / Debate / 11254
Re: Is this sexism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:17:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
So, if they DON'T choose it, is it sexist/unfair to give women paid time
off? Likewise, couldn't a woman choose to take the pill to at least lessen
the effects of PMS?

I was just reading until this little comment happened.

Uh oh-- I better jump in and clarify. That sounded bad on my part.

Okay - point taken - sorry to jump down your throat.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, guys.

Stroke, heart attack, pulmonary

embolism - not using the spell-check

- take your pick
of gory side-effects from the wonder-drug of the 20th century.

Snip

However. I don't mind being *NOT* 'fair'. I don't have kids (could you tell?
:) )

Haha - yeah, I could tell... ;)

so I theoretically work harder and contribute more to the company than
someone *with* kids-- or at least harder than I *would* if *I* had kids. Do
I "deserve" more *from* the company?
How about the guy who works his tail off 50+ a week to support his family?
Does he deserve more?  (Since we are totally derailed from the original
topic here...)

I'll try to not chew the next person's head off, okay?

~~Tanya