 Off-Topic / Debate / 11079
Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:11:43 GMT

Yet again, you have snipped my points rather than respond to them.

Your main mistake is to believe that a real free market can solve every
problem to a better level than we have today. No serious economist I know
argues this – only politicians with vested interests.

Please provide a cite where I said this.

It is my perception. I may set aside time to find a quote later.

I don't claim EVERY problem can be solved better, (For example the problem
of your obdurateness is no doubt insoluble under any system) just that the
aggregate of all problems would be solved better, on average.

Youch, another insult!

Repeat after me. There is no utopia.

Is this a mantra thing??

And as for not knowing any "serious" (whatever that means) economists who
hold that view,

Perhaps you should read this (again):

"...every economics textbook I know of has argued that the government should
intervene in the market to discourage activities that damage the environment."
from : http://slate.msn.com/Dismal/97-04-17/Dismal.asp

you apparently either aren't acquainted with chicago or
austrian school economists or you don't consider them serious thinkers.

They do not even consider that to be true I am afraid - or at least their
founder did not. Anyhow, I know of no University which uses austrian
economics as the basis for a course? Do you? Further if the chicago or
austrian school economists do indded say what you attribute to them, are you
saying they are wrong? Or was my assertion about your market beliefs correct?

That's OK. I don't consider you a serious thinker either.

Youch, another insult!

Scott A

++Lar