 Off-Topic / Debate / 11019
    Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda) —Matthew Gerber
   (...) Now, see? If you were truly using the criteria as you stated before*, I would have expected a smiley emoticon, or at least an (s), to help a reader understand the state of mind the statement had been given in. Did you really intend that as a (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) The (s) thing is new to me. Emoticons are OK sometimes, I use them when I think there's a doubt about my intent. (...) I thought I was going along with you. And I thought it was clear...sometimes I miss. Sorry. Chris (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)