 Off-Topic / Debate / 10984
Re: Libertarian Propaganda (was incorrectly referred to as SPAM elsewhere in the thread)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:47:08 GMT

Yup, that's pretty much it - and let me add that I don't regard the
Libertarian Party as a white supremacist group in the slightest.  I'd said
what I did in part because I think the Libertarian Party *for it's own
benefit* needs to address the issue of why they are so heavily white male.

Let's stipulate that, for the sake of discussion.

What can be done? Or that is, how far can the LP go?

Remember that the LP is the "Party of Principle". A lot of big internal
spats happen because some action or message is proposed which seems to
conflict with internal principles.

What ought to change? Should parts of the message be downplayed? Other parts
emphasised? How far do you take that? You can't change the message
completely just to win votes, because then you're not the LP any more,
you're just some random pandering party... Seems a bit of a dilemna which I
freely admit I have no idea how to address.

(I might have more of a clue if I knew exactly why the LP was
demographically skewed... but I don't. All I can do is post the guesses
about it that I did)