 Off-Topic / Debate / 10931
Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:28:47 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:
Just because I participate in a community where people who look, act and
think like me reside, doesn't mean that it's a racist community. It just
means that we tend to attract people who look, act and think like us.
Sometimes the simple answer is the right one....

  As they say, every complicated problem has a simple solution, and it's
wrong.  Don't be too hasty to insist that a problem isn't a problem simply
because the rhetoric can be spun.  And it *is* a problem, since the LP,
presumably, hopes to achieve national significance in a nation made up of
more than "the higher educated white male."

One thing that I saw as interesting, though I haven't explored the
meaning completely, but the chair of the North Carolina Libertarian
Party is a woman. She was also their candidate for governor. Of course
in the picture on this page:

http://www.lpnc.org/people/execcom.html

The white male majority does sort of stand out.

Bruce had a good analysis though of some of the reasons which might be
behing the LP's demographics though.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com