 Off-Topic / Debate / 10924
Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:53:02 GMT

How do you determine the fair price? That's a serious question, you speak of
fair trade (which tends to be a code word here in the US for unfree trade),
but how do you know what is fair? Who (or what mechanism) determines it?

Once again, here's another one of your little challenges, Larry. You don't
say whether you agree or not, you just throw out some more bullsh*t
questions to fish for another fight. If you DON'T AGREE that there are
ethics in business and pricing, THEN I'll be happy to elaborate on "fair
pricing." If you DO AGREE that their is such thing as ethics in business and
fair pricing, then what is there to debate? Are we going to debate whose
view on a point we agree on is more correct?

If America wants to trade with
China, make sure there's no profiting from the child labor. If we don't want
OUR kids to be working 12 hours in factories, we should not contribute to it
elsewhere.

What are the alternatives to children working long hours in factories? Put
it another way... do you support the notion of a "living wage" here in the
US? Why or why not?

I'm not going not taking the bait this time. Once again, no straight forward
agreement or disagreement on your part, just more challenges. If you AGREE
that children should NOT labor in factories (nor should America profit from
such labor) then what is there to debate? If you think child labor is okay,
I have nothing more to say on the matter and don't bother trying to convince
me otherwise.

Dan