 Off-Topic / Debate / 1087
1086  |  1088
Subject:
Defending JP (was Re: Lego Mania Magazine)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 21:07:49 GMT

In a day and age where special effects are no big deal anymore, it's hard to
remember what it was like when we first saw the Brachiosaurs on the screen.
It was nothing short of *spectacular*.  The musical score (John Williams.
Ring a bell?) is a classic.  Who can forget the scene when the T-Rex bursts
on screen and grabs the Gallimimus (sp?).  I watched that over and over when
I first got the video.  The movie was *all* about special effects, and Steven
Spielberg is a Cineomatic God:-)
Going to .debate

-John

"Selçuk " wrote:

Really.  The Lost World was _so_ disappointing.

Jurassic Park was not disappointing?..I never saw a film with a difference
skyhigh between its marketing efforts and its soapy cheap plot. So never
seen the Lost World.

Selçuk