 Off-Topic / Debate / 10662
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 13:22:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
I found a few cool pieces of information that seemed relevant to grazing,
beef cattle, etc. These facts also point out the environmental benefits of
being vegetarian:

<snip>

Thanks for those (pretty scary) factoids! They argue that the true cost of
meat is a LOT higher than we are actually paying because the producers are
- using subsidised grazing
- using subsidized feed
- not paying for the pollution they cause (water, air, etc.)
- and worst... not paying the ecosystem destruction costs of third world
clearcut grazing

because we are in a mixed economy where a lot of the indirect costs never
get assessed.

Are you personally vegetarian Dan? I've tried it but I can't stick, I just
love a good juicy steak... How did you cut over?

++Lar