 Off-Topic / Debate / 10591
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 11:29:47 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:
This is one reason I really like the Nature Conservancy. The bulk of
their effort goes to acquiring property, either through outright
purchase, or by attaining conservation easements. Once they have
acquired property rights by (mostly) free market mechanisms, they then
have the utmost right to assure that that property continues to be used
in the manner they see fit, which includes making it accessible to the
public in an appropriate manner, which builds good will.

I do a lot of work with TNC myself, and all I can say is the stuff they
do is simply amazing- both on the surface and behind the scenes.

-chris