 Off-Topic / Debate / 10563
  M6 Crash

A lorry crashed on the M6 motorway (freeway is U.S parlance) in the early hours of this mourning, It said on the news that it cost business millions of pounds due to the enourmous delays. Why does it take 8 hours to re-open a motorway? That's a (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: M6 Crash

(...) Well, it depends on the cargo. A few years back, a fuel truck crashed on I-95 and I think it was a couple days before they had that section of the road open again. If the accident caused serious property loss, I don't begrudge a certain amount (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: M6 Crash

Perhaps an obvious question, but maybe the police were looking for 'hard to find' lego sets !? Steven Lane <Steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:GDv2v7.1vz@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: M6 Crash

"Steven Lane" <Steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:GDv2v7.1vz@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Not as bad as the traffic chaos they apparently caused in Central London yesterday when the police closed a section of the A40 or something for 3 (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: M6 Crash

(...) c /mourning/morning/ unless you *intended* that freudian slip, in which case, good one! Grin. (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: M6 Crash

(...) OOPS! :-) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: M6 Crash

(...) I can only recall one really big crash over here from memory, and that was a multiple pile up in fog. They had to spray numbers on the burnt out wrecks so they could tell which was which. (...) Your quite right. (...) I agree here as well. But (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: M6 Crash

(...) Even then, I'm not convinced it's actually rubber necking. I know the one time I witnessed an accident in progress on the other side of the highway, I briefly slowed down. In part, I was wondering if I should stop and render assistance, in (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: M6 Crash

Well, I'm not a copper, but I do deal with motor claims for an Insurance company, and there are a lot of factors to take into account: Was anybody injured? Was anybody killed? Was there any spillage? Was there much debris on the road? Was there a (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)