 Off-Topic / Debate / 10546
Re: Advice from teens' parents?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 08:57:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GDo1ny.Mtu@lugnet.com, Shiri Dori wrote:

(XFUT o-t.debate, this is a little about people but has nothing to do with
lego)

This question is addressed mostly to those among you who are parents -
especially parents of teens.

What, in your opinion, *as a parent*, are the best and the worst things your
son or daughter can do to show you they are responsible and mature young
adults?

What kinds of discussions or talks or arguments convince you that your
children was right? Are they *ever* right? Do you *ever* concede? If so, how
did your teen convince you/prove you wrong?

Heh. This may not be very helpful, but... my parents *never* gave me any
slack. I was on a leash about this long: (--)

I was a *very* well-behaved teenager, yet I was always treated with
suspicion and made to walk the line.

Here's a hint: It helps to go to college a couple hundred miles away ;^)

Even now, as a responsible adult, paying bills, and making mortgage
payments, my parents still talk "down" to me.

I think it's just how some parents are wired. :^P

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

I think your parents need some time on Fleebnork duty.
That oughta clear out their cobwebs!
Miles apart can be a GOOD thing.
Totally understand, Mr. Grand Admiral, Sir!
-Aaron-