 Off-Topic / Debate / 10510
Re: If women were in charge...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 07:15:17 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Greetings! After an interesting discussion with my wife the other day, I
thought I'd pose this question to this group. What would the world be like
if women (that is women who did not behave like men) were the major leaders
(presidents, prime ministers, etc)? Better, worse, same?

Dan

Ahhhh, things would be so much better!  I mean, no war!  Just look at Golda
Meir...oops!  Ummmm, ahhhh, that peaceful country of India, with Indira
Gandhi....oh, drat, more war.  Okay, that bastion of civility, England, and
Margaret Thatcher (or the Queen)...son of a bi....more war.

Not a whole lot different, it would seem.  :-)

Bruce
(remembering those duck and cover drills....)

Add Turkey to this list. Once we had a female prime minister. Was it
different? Hell no!.. Same level of corruption, if not more.

Maybe the subject of a much more interesting discussion is:

What would the world be like if real human beings (that is human beings
who did not behave like greedy animals) were the major leaders
(presidents, prime ministers, etc.)? Better, worse, same?

Selçuk