 Off-Topic / Debate / 10480
Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 15:32:14 GMT

To the question of whether we SHOULD build a system, one has to first answer
the question of "what does that have to do with America?" which is
essentially the question that Scott posed. Unlike most of Scott's questions,
it's actually a valid one.

I asked a vailid one here:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=10297

When you answer every single question asked of you I will answer every
single question asked of me...

:-O

I am not going to reopen that particular thread except to say that I am
satisfied, based on my life long intake of news, opinion, propaganda and
falsehood, rather than based on any particular site, that my original
statement about which black was blacker is correct.

But you could not justify it any way!

Further, I do think there are such a thing as terrorists. Do you? I admit my
definition may not be perfect. Do you have a better one to offer? I asked
but didn't get a satisfactory answer.

I did not sentance them Larry - you did.

- because we feel an obligation to keep the world safe from missiles.

That is not very libertarian? I thought the libertarian philosophy was "me!
me! me!" ?

Do you just toss attempted witticisms, falsehoods etc. into your reply
without even reading the next paragraph, then? I was enumerating possible
reasons that might be advanced. NOT saying that they were all my reasons...
As the very next paragraph (see it, it's right there below this one) says.

Try reading the post all the way through before you spout. Or even a para or
two ahead... that would be an improvement.

This is not a satisfactory answer to me, whether it is correct or not. I am
not in the "we should be the world's policeman because we can" school.

See, there it is. The *very* *next* *paragraph*. It says "I don't buy that
argument!!!" Hope that helps.

This is all out of context. You were asked a question. You came up with
possible answers. One of which contradicts your libertarian viewpoint. It is
no big deal. But I am happy for you to make a big noise about these small
points - but avoid the others - only the shallow will miss your muddying the
waters this way constantly.

Scott A

++Lar