 Off-Topic / Debate / 10445
Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:31:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

Why do you choose to twist what I say?

And why do you choose to twist what *I* say?

You misquoted and distorted me, without a cite, then had the audacity to say
you were "protecting my privacy" by not citing me. That's rich.

I use the word belligerent to describe a participant in a war (an accepted
diplomatic usage, by the way, you could look it up) and that makes *me*
belligerent?

You say you want to move away from MAD as a deterrent but you then say that
building a defensive system that might reduce the risk of rogue nations
causing havoc is "warmongering". Think about what you're saying, man.

You say that shuttle launches seriously damage the ozone layer (a totally
debunked piece of bad science, by the way, not even worthy of John Pike,
much less the readership here) but when someone says "yah, let's have less
launches in the long run, by supporting whatever big project will get
manufacturing off the planet so we don't have to boost up extruded aluminum
shapes" you claim we "need to solve problems down here first". That's the
standard luddite response to anything space related. How were you going to
solve those problems, by eating your seed corn??? Think about what you're
saying, man.

I expect your response is going to be that I'm some sort of anti Palestinian
Zionist warmonger who supports whatever cockamamie scheme Bush comes up
with, right? That would be 4 different misconceptions in one assertion. Give
it a rest.

In my last post I tried to explain that even though I can think of some good
reasons to build brilliant pebbles, I'm not convinced yet that we should.
Not for the reasons being offerred at this point, anyway.

Dan, I admire your warship models and your passion, but not your debating style.

Calm down, stop with the standard anti US rants and actually try to
understand what people are saying instead of coming out with kneejerk stuff
that makes you look not very well informed.

++Lar