 Off-Topic / Debate / 10409
  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I'd say that the folly is not so much living in the desert but trying to turn the desert into an oasis capable of supporting millions of people in a manner of living that is more suited to the humid east than to the Mediterranean climate of (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) First and foremost, it is incorrect to say that Southern California, or LA is a desert. The beauty of So Cal is that we have variety. Parts of the area are desert, but other parts are mountainous, swampy, rolling hills, and even forested. You (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I concede that I painted the geography of the region with too broad a brush, though I certainly meant no offense and I apologize if any was taken. I understand that the variety of landscape, vegetation, and climate, as well as proximity to (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) If all the &%$#! New Yorkers would stop moving here, it wouldn't be a problem. :-) Mono Lake is slowly going back up, and the Owens River exists again. Honestly, if the water had been left in the Owens Valley, you'd simply have seen more (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)