 Off-Topic / Debate / 10280
Re: Another ridiculous lawsuit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 20:33:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Yes, some people will try ANYTHING to squeeze money out of a corporation when
they don't deserve it.

Stuff happens, DEAL with it.

Though the airline could probably work some goodwill by providing counseling
for the family (and of course the lawyers would hopefully be smart enough to
write up a contract whereby such counseling eliminated possibility of a
lawsuit continuing).

  I'm surprised they're not posthumously suing the dead guy for being so
inconsiderate as to ruin their flight.
  I've heard that, somewhere semi-locally to my area, a woman was walking
backwards in a grocery store parking lot, fell over the cart corral, and
broke her elbow.  Naturally, she sued, and I believe she won quite a tidy
settlement.  I'm still looking for documentation.

     Dave!

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/GoodMorningAmerica/GMA010502Corpse_flight.html