 Off-Topic / Debate / 10206
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 13:57:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Lar, I read your post about what a terrorist is:

"I would tend to say it's a person or group using violence
against bystanders as a way to make a political point or get a political
outcome."

By your definition, here's a list of "terrorists" for you:

George Washington
Abraham Lincoln
Teddy Roosevelt
Franklin Roosevelt
Harry Truman
John Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Richard Nixon
Ronald Reagan
George Bush
Bill Clinton

Ok, then, there may be some flaw in the definition as that is an unexpected
result.

Let's dig in a bit. What makes ALL of these guys terrorists? (some might be,
I suppose). What is your definition of terrorism?  What if we c/as a way/as
the primary way/ ?? Do some drop away from that list?

++Lar