 Off-Topic / Debate / 10180
    Re: Ok, why such anti-American sentiment? (Was Re: the metric system) —Dave Low
   (...) Point taken. Of course, Australia has never been in a position to establish world-wide military and economic hegemony. I'm not saying it has been wrong of the US to do so, but while the moral and political questions are similar the global (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Ok, why such anti-American sentiment? (Was Re: the metric system) —James Simpson
   (...) Seriously, I'm not sure what you mean: do you really want to debate the mediocrity of American culture? Since I've never been to Australia (and, obviously, have therefore never spent an appreciable amount of time there), my judgments as to the (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)